6.12.07

True to Only You

Written by Kyle Mitts

It seems just like yesterday,
We went our separate ways.
The tears we shed.
The words we said,
They didn’t change a thing.
But my heart still beats within my chest.
A rhythm driving me.
It beats to love that still remains,
True to only you.

How could we have left that way?
How did we give up?
How did we let freedom lose?
When did the curtain fall?

It seems a million years away,
The price we both did pay.
We said goodbye.
We told our lies,
That we no longer cared.
But my heart still beats within my chest,
A pulse that’s driving me.
It lives for love that still remains,
True to only you.

Why did we just leave that way?
Why did we give up?
Why did we let freedom lose?
How did our pride just win?

I want to travel back in time.
To change that lonely day.
I want to travel back in time.
To change the words I said.

‘Cause I can’t just leave that way.
I can’t give up on us.
I can’t let freedom lose this way.
I can’t just say goodbye.

No I can’t just say goodbye.
My heart lives for love that still remains.
Baby, I love you.